The new Major League Labor Agreement brings some major changes in the game, the most important are:
- a second Wild Card team will be added to each league’s post-season play;
- the Houston Astros will move to AL West starting 2013;
- Draft pick compensation system based on Type “A” or “B” players will be eliminated;
- An extension of Super-Two players’ pool in the arbitration system;
- New minimum for MLB and minors salaries;
- June Rule 4 Draft will be characterized by signing bonus pools for each team, with penalties for excessing pools; Draft rounds were reduced from 50 to 40;
- a probable draft for international amateur players.